JL Audio, an innovator in high-end audio solutions, has released a software update to its popular DSP tuning software for the PC platform. The latest release, TüN™ 2.0, now adds support for JL Audio's FiX-82 and FiX-86 OEM integration DSPs, while also offering enhanced functionality with TwK-88 and TwK-D8 System Tuning DSPs.
JL Audio's VP-Marketing, Manville Smith said: "This new release of the TüN™ software demonstrates our commitment to further developing the capabilities of our DSP products. The new functionality with FiX™ products is a big leap forward in OEM integration, giving installers a powerful diagnostic and setup tool. The best part is that all the FiX™ hardware we've already sold into the field can be updated for use with the new TüN 2.0. "
TüN 2.0 release highlights include:
With FiX™ OEM Integration DSPs:
FiX-82 and FiX-86 users can now visualize, measure and correct OEM audio signals (before and after), and also adjust new FiX output equalizer features.
- Clear graphical displays of OEM input frequency response eliminate the need for other test equipment to troubleshoot calibration and signal issues.
- The frequency response of the summed and corrected output signals is also displayed to verify summing and correction performance.
- Click to mute any OEM input(s) for troubleshooting and calibration optimization.
- Instantly reverse the polarity of any input right from your laptop, correcting wiring errors with just a single click.
- Initiate new calibrations from your laptop, without directly accessing the FiX™ hardware.
- Defeat/Engage Delay Correction... a great tool for demos!
- 10-bands of user-defined Graphic EQ on each full-range output signal. Now you can EQ the system, after performing an OEM correction calibration to adjust for car acoustics and listener taste.
- FiX-86 only: Apply high-pass filtering to the front and rear output signals. Creates a bandpass channel when used in conjunction with an amplifier's low-pass filter, allowing you to build 3-way active systems with any JL Audio full-range or system amplifier.
With TwK™ System Tuning DSPs
Enhancements include scalable windows, drag-to-select multiple EQ bands, simplified delay controls, and much more.
- Three available Project Levels: Basic, Advanced and Expert
- Preset Management: create and manage up to ten presets within each project, plus a Valet preset.
- Input and Output Channel labeling: alphanumeric entry allows you to name every input and output, for easy reference.
- Input Sensitivity for analog inputs (TwK-88 only): set your analog input levels for minimum noise and maximum clean level.
- Input Routing and Mixing: gives you full control over polarity and relative level, allowing for the creation of specialized channels, such as center channels and ambient rear channels.
- Eight EQ banks can be operated as eight 10-band graphic EQs or as eight incredibly powerful 10-band, fully parametric EQs, which can be flexibly assigned to multiple output channels or to a single output channel
- High Pass and Low Pass Filters: precisely control the bandwidth for each of the output channels with a choice of 6, 12, 18, 24 or 48 dB/octave slopes.
- Simplified Distance, Delay and Polarity controls: these simple-to-use tools help compensate for speaker distance and improve crossover performance and/or imaging and staging.
- DRC Setup: configures the included wired controller, just the way you want it.
- Signal Levels: allow you to fine tune the relative level of all channels in 0.1 dB increments.
Additional information on TüN™ for use with TwK™ click here: TüN™ Software Overview for TwK™
Minimum PC Requirements: OS: Windows 7 SP1/Win 8.1/Win 10; 32 bit or 64 bit.
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 768, CPU: 1GHz, RAM: 1GB for 32 bit, 2GB for 64 bit, Disk: 256MB free space.
Communication: USB Port (1.0 - 3.0)
TüN™ Software is compatible with JL Audio Processors only.